Monday 27 May 2013

Nativity Scene

I know what you`re thinking, "shes flipped! a Christmas card in May!" but I haven`t really. Janice over at Sir Stampalot asked me to make a scene with these lovely Nativity Collection Magnolia stamps and this is what I came up with.



I have used most of the Nativity collection for this:- Holy Edwin, Loving Holy Tilda, Little Holy Baby, Edwin with goat, Tilda as Wiseman, Edwin as Wiseman, Tilda Captures the Stars, Holy Lamb, Holy Sheep and Magnolia Star. The text is Magnolia - From our Family.



I`ve made the scene on an Easel card and added the characters with sqashable boxes behind them so the whole thing can be stored flat when not displayed. The stable was fun to make, this was version #3 of the stable, I made a shadow box but the pitched roof took some working out. But never one to walk away from a challenge, I stuck with it and I was very happy with the end result.



I coloured all the images with distress inks and distress markers and added stickles - diamond to the stars and the halo around the baby. The roof eaves are covered in pieces of hemp cord and the Hay Bales are from the Molly Blooms - On the Farm collection.



I`ve also used Martha Stewart POP - Cherished set, Marianne Creatables - Fence die, Kraft card stock and Kaisercraft paper - Lush Collection.





I`d like to enter this into the latest Tildas Town Challenge which luckily enough is "Christmas"

It is a lovely, warm, sunny day here for a change so I`m off now to make the most of this lovely bank holiday Monday in the sun, thanks for lookin in, bye for now and happy crafting xx

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous scene Sara it must have taken you ages to do and perfectly coloured too.
    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. stunning... love everything in it..! your coloring is great. Thank you for joining us at Tilda's Town..

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is AMAZING Sara!!!
    A gorgeous scene but the thing I love the most.. Your colouring.. It's absolutely stunning!
    Thanks for joining us in this weeek's Tilda's Town challenge..
    Hugs, Tina

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always appreciated :)