Wednesday 2 November 2011

Silent Night



Another Chrissy card for my growing pile ! I can`t afford any more new stamps for Christmas now so I`ve had to have a rummage through last years stamps for my cards. This one is from LOTV, I love these images and I am certainly getting my money`s worth from them, this one is a favourite lovely tradtional image.
I`ve coloured with distress inks and added a bit of glitter for sparkle and some Glossy accents to the glass in the lamp but I don`t think it shows up in the photo.

I`d like to enter this into the Allsorts Challenge this time around they`d like to see a Christmas Easel.



The papers are Bo Bunny from the Dec 25th collection - 12" Noel cuts and festive, Martha Stewart punches eyelet lace and holly and the berries are off Christmas crackers that I`ve collected over the years !!
The background stamp is Magnolia - Silent Night availabel from Sir Stampalot. I tried to give it an aged look by distressing the edges and inking with antique linen distress ink.
The postcard is from Molly Blooms, also available from Sir Stampalot. I went to town on this card didn`t I ? I think I threw everything at it, punches, paper, ribbon, flowers, berries, braid, pearls ! I get a bit carried away at Christmas ! LOL !



In case it`s not apparant from the first photo, it is an easel card! Here is a side view. Is it just me or are easels hard to photograph, they always look flat in the piccies !
Anyway, I`m off to have a rest, I had a tooth out on Monday and had to have stitches and I am in quite a bit of pain with it, I always have a bad reaction to the injections and I feel a bit woozy for a while afterwards, ( I`m a bit of a wuss when it comes to the dentist ! )LOL !

Thanks for looking in, bye for now and Happy Crafting xxx

5 comments:

  1. Wow gorgeous Sara just so Christmassy
    Hugs louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Sara this is really lovely,pretty papers/colours and love the image too.
    Hope you are feeling a bit better soon,
    hugs Lou.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card this is so pretty love the sweet LOTV image and the little postcard is a great idea for the base...

    Thanks for joining in our Christmas Easel Card challenge at Allsorts

    Emma xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor you, that doesn't sound pleasant at all, it's making me cringe just reading about your visit to the dentist! Hope you feel better really soon
    Love your card Sara, truly beautiful with so many gorgeous details, I could look at it for ages!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW Sara, this is stunning, I love the muted colours and the image is perfect.
    Thank you so much for entering our challenge at ALLSORTS this week, good luck & hope you’ll join us again!
    Hugz Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always appreciated :)