Monday 24 May 2010

Moonlighting



I recently went to a SU party hosted by the very talented Bridgette who showed us a wonderfull technique using SU metallic inks. I purchased the platinum one and will certainly get the others in the range as I had the most fun playing with them.
This card was stamped once in black ink ( SU lovely as a tree set )then using the Stamp-a-ma-jig over stamped again just using the platinum ink to highlight. Just sponge a bit on the edges of the rubber stamp where you would like the "moonlight" to catch it, it gives a stunning effect and adds real dimension to your project.



The "moon" was created by punching a hole in a sticky note and using it as a mask and pouncing a mixture of white chalk and platinum liquid pearls through it.
The background paper is Basic Grey, Boxer, wide tie and the punch used is ash branch again highlighted with the platinum ink. Ribbon and sentiment are also SU.
I did get very inky fingers playing with this card but I think the end result was worth it and a technique I will deffinately use again, it`ll make great chrissy cards. Better go scrub my mucky mitts now ! bye for now xx

5 comments:

  1. Sara, this really is lovely. defo great for xmas. Looks so expensive too.
    Hugz Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card sara and sounds a fab technique, you will have to show me how.
    louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Sara this is so lovely,like Fleur it has a real lush look to it and i just love the moon.
    hope you are ok?see you soon,hugs Lou.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Sara - You've just taken this to a whole new level - wow - it's beautiful - I'm back to my drawing board - LouLou lent me her brayer and I've yet to play with that for the moonlight effect - you are just so clever - B xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi sara
    you are the girl!
    wow what a cracker,love the idea would love to see this one in the flesh so to speak sometime I am very intrigued.
    lots of hugs chris xx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always appreciated :)